Nov 2nd - Bridge of Weir Community Council

Go to content

Main menu:

Meetings > Minutes > 2010

BRIDGE OF WEIR COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Minutes of the regular meeting of Bridge of Weir Community Council held on Tuesday 2nd November 2010 at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.


PRESENT: T. Fulton, S. Liddell, E. O'Hare, G. Lethorn, N. Gardner, P. Allan, M. Mills, D. McKenzie, H. Martin.  Cllr. M. Holmes.
APOLOGIES: S. Clark, J. Ellis, H. Tidswell.

VISITORS:  PC Neil Reilly, Linwood Police Office.


The meeting was opened by the acting chairman T. Fulton who welcomed all in attendance.
Minutes of previous meeting - Proposed by D. McKenzie, seconded by S. Liddell.
There were no matters arising.

POLICE REPORT:

Crime/offence

Number

Detected

Additional Notes

Assault Common

2

2

Threatening behaviour

1

1

Vandalsim

5

Windows x3
Door pane x1
Mot. veh. x1

Theft

1

Fuel pipe from home shopping van x1
Hose pipe x1
Cash from elderly gentleman

Theft x HB other

1

Shed -coppoer piping

Theft xOLP (not MV)

1

Obtained cash from cloned card

Fraud Misc. other

1

cloned card

Breach of Bail

1

1

Drunk driving

1

RTA

1

1

Collision

Total

21

6

COUNCILLOR'S REPORT:  Councillor M Holmes
Councillor Holmes requested that community council members forward to him information on roads and footpaths requiring resurfacing so that he can prioritise a list for submission to Renfrewshire Council roads department.  Note this is not for pot-hole repairs.

Renfrewshire Council's next full Council meeting is due to be held on 4th November when the budget proposals for the next year will be put forward. Once again procedure has changed as previously this
was done after details of grant settlements were revealed in December. It is expected that this will be a difficult meeting with substantial budgetary cuts being proposed.
It is thought that by the end of February 2011 500 posts will be lost amongst these being 70 classroom assistants.
Services will be charged wherever possible e.g dog bags that had been free will no longer be so.
Cuts are expected to continue over the next few years.
One of the proposals is the re-location of both Bridge of Weir and Lochwinnoch Libraries.
The proposed new location for Bridge of Weir Library is the Cargill Hall and this is a cause for concern as the hall has severe drainage problems. It is expected that the savings achieved by these re-locations will be £9.000 per annum whereas the expense incurred will be £90.000 and that is before the cost of bringing Cargill Hall up to standard.

TREASURER'S REPORT:  None.

SECRETARY'S REPORT:
ASCC, we now have the ballot papers for the elections of National Officers.
Notification that Chief Supt Paul Main is leaving to take up a new role in Criminal Procedure issues, and the new Divisional Commander of K Division is Chief Supt David Stewart.
ROAR. Agefest is being held in March 2011.
Matters Arising from September meeting.  Cllr Langlands has sent a written report.
Forum.  The next meeting of the Forum will take place on Monday 22nd November.  The final submission regarding the Establishment of Community Councils has now been submitted.

PLANNING REPORT:   None.

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS:
The ceremony of switching on the lights will take place Wednesday the 8th December, starting at Freeland Church. The British Legion is once again giving access to their premises where light refreshments will be available.  A budget of £200 has been allocated for this.  The village Gala Queen will do the switch on and Santa will visit with sweets for the children.
The Port Glasgow Stedfast Band  and Bridge of Weir Primary School choir will be performing.
The parade licence has been applied for.
Councillor Holmes will contact Renfrewshire Council to ensure the availability of an electrician for the switch-on.
The Association of Scottish Community Council's Annual Conference will be held on Saturday 20 November in Glasgow University.  T. Fulton and D. McKenzie will attend for the community council.

A.O.C.B.
Recent heavy rain caused considerable flooding in Houston Road.  The poor drainage is being assessed by Renfrewshire Council Engineers.
Resurfacing of Elm Road and Loch Road is now complete, although it now means that the kerb height is reduced making it easier for cars to mount the pavement.
Drains in Livery Walk have been blocked by leaves from nearby trees, Cllr Holmes will report this to Renfrewshire Council.
The community council is concerned at reports that a number of commercial premises are considering relocation or closure.  This may have an adverse effect on the village centre.
The river area near Mill O' Gryffe Road has benefited from a clean up.  More than 200 empty drinks cans were removed from the area.  Local wardens have been asked to patrol this area more frequently.  The Angling Club is considering what they can do to help.

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
The next regular meeting of the community council will be held on Tuesday 14 December at 7.00pm in the Cargill Hall.

 
Back to content | Back to main menu